5.8L/351 - 385HP GT-40 ALUMINUM HEAD FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
This part is no longer available.
- 351 cubic inch
- 385 hp (with headers, and a 650 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
- 377 lb.-ft. @ 4500 rpm
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged pistons
- Forged steel cap screw connecting rods
- Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-Z303, .552" lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 228 degrees intake and exhaust
- Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
- Nodular iron crankshaft
- High-performance T-sump oil pan
- Front sump fits most passenger cars that came factory equipped with front sump pan
- Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars
- MSD billet distributor
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X305 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
- Roller rocker arms M-6564-B351
- Single plane “Victor Jr.” intake manifold M-9424-V351
- New heavy-duty 5.8L “Sportsman ” block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan, steel billet flywheel and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40.
Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine
or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a T-sump performance oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and both regular (installed) and reverse rotation water pumps, and non-EFI valve covers.
- A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine and a reverse rotation is included loose in the box. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers found on pages 139-140.
- The valve covers (M-6582-R302) should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately) are available on pages 144-147.
- The damper assembly M-6316-C351 may require a spacer for pulley alignment, see page 142.
- The flywheel included (M-6375-A302) should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper 28 oz. flywheel, see pages 188-189.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 545 lbs.
- Crate Engine Build-Up
- Crate Engine Warranty
- Engine Tips & Specs
- Crate Engine Catalog
Engine: Complete Engines
36.5" x 38.75" x 36
Country of Origin