5.8L/351 – 360 HP GT-40 ALUMINUM HEAD FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
Serpentine Water Pump, Hypereutectic Pistons(Camshaft designed for Auto or Manual Transmission) V-belt Water Pump, Forged Pistons(Camshaft designed for Auto or Manual Transmission)
- Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303 and roller rocker arms
- 351 cubic inch
- 360 HP @ 5500 RPM (with headers, and a 650 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
- 380 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4000 RPM
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads and GT-40 valve train
- Dual plane intake manifold
- Great for limited budgets. It’s the fast, easy way to add performance and reduce weight in high or low mileage vehicles
- New heavy duty 5.8L “Sportsman II” block, oil and water pumps, dual sump oil pan, steel billet flywheel and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
- Depending on your application the timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pick-up may be required. See installation notes
NOTE: Oil pan is production style pan. Pan contains no baffling. Change to a high performance pan (increased capacity and baffling) that fits your application if necessary. See engine installation and tuning tips on page 28. Photo and specs may vary.
Look at what you get
- A NEW 2-bolt main long block assembly. Custom built with the same quality controls as a new production engine that includes the block, rods, pistons, timing chain, roller rocker arms, hydraulic roller tappets, push rods, oil pump and pickup, oil pan, M-6582-E302P valve covers, front cover, water pump, damper, flywheel, spark plugs and related long block engine parts – to which Ford Racing engineers have added:
- Ford Racing GT-40 aluminum cylinder heads. They flow significantly better than production 5.8L heads
- Ford Racing GT-40 valve train kit. It includes springs, retainers, keepers, seals and premium stainless steel swirl polished valves with undercut stems. Intake valve diameter is 1.94" and exhaust valve diameter is 1.54"
INSTALLATION NOTES:See engine installation and tuning tips on page 28.Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a dual sump oil pan and pickup, Mustang/truck timing cover and water pump, and non-EFI valve covers.
- Performance oil pan and pick-up may be required for your application. Call the Tech “Hot Line” at (586) 468-1356 for more information.
- The Mustang/truck timing chain cover may work for 1979-93 Mustang, and most 1987-96 trucks. M-6059-D351 replacement front cover, see page 86, may work for most other common applications.
- The water pump may work for most 5.0/5.8L serpentine reverse rotation applications. Other applications may require water pumps found on pages 86-87.
- The valve covers (M-6582-E302P) should fit most Mustang and other non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately) are available on pages 106-108.
- The damper assembly may require a spacer for pulley alignment, see pages 74-75.
- The flywheel should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper 28 oz. flywheel. See pages 115-116.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 545 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECH “HOT LINE” AT (586) 468-1356.
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 39" x 36
Country of Origin