7.5L/460 “SUPER COBRA JET” – 500 HP FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
This part is no longer available.
- 460 cubic inch
- 500 HP (Est.) 495 ft./lbs. of torque using an 850 CFM carburetor and dyno headers (not included)
- 10.5:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- “Performer RPM” dual plane intake manifold
- Ford Racing “Super Cobra Jet” aluminum heads M-6049-SCJA
- Ford Racing high-torque hydraulic flat tappet camshaft (M-6250-A443) .562" intake and .588" exhaust lift with 234 degree intake and 244 degree exhaust duration at .050" lobe lift
- 460 2-bolt main short block M-6009-E460, oil and water pumps, oil pan, flywheel, and harmonic balancer
- High performance engine for bracket race cars, late-model short track racers, and marine applications
NOTE: Oil pan is production style pan. Pan contains no baffling. Change to a high performance pan (increased capacity and baffling) that fits your application if necessary. See engine installation and tuning tips on page 28. Photo and specs may vary.
Look at what you get:
- Long block engine assembly. Custom built with the same quality controls as a new production engine that includes crank rods, pistons, timing chain, roller rocker arms, hydraulic flat tappets, push rods, oil pump and pickup, oil pan, M-6582-C460 valve covers, front cover, water pump, damper, flywheel, spark plugs, related long block engine parts and remanufactured block .030" overbore, to which Ford Racing engineers have added:
- Ford Racing “Super Cobra Jet” aluminum cylinder heads. They flow significantly more than production 460 heads and feature a Jon Kaase port design. Combustion chamber volume is 72cc (nominal)
- Ford Racing “Super Cobra Jet” valve train includes springs, retainers, keepers, seals and premium stainless steel swirl polished valves. Intake valve diameter is 2.20" and exhaust valve diameter is 1.76"
- Ford Racing high performance hydraulic camshaft M-6250-A443 provides significant horsepower increases above 1500 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .562" intake and .588" exhaust. Duration at .050" is 234 degrees intake and 244 degrees exhaust
- Remanufactured blocks have a clean-up cut to the cylinder head deck, align honed main bearing bore, bottom tapped holes (no heli-coils), new freeze plugs and cam bearings
INSTALLATION NOTES:See engine installation and tuning tips on page 28.Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Performance oil pan and pick-up may be required for your application. Call the Tech “Hot Line” at (586) 468-1356 for more information.
- The water pump will work for most 7.5L standard rotation applications.
- The valve covers (M-6582-C460) should fit most Mustang and other non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately) are available on pages 106-108.
- The auto transmission flywheel should work for most C-6 automatic transmission applications. For manual transmission applications use flywheel M-6375-Z460 see below.
- If a mechanical fuel pump is to be used, the front cover must be changed, and a fuel pump eccentric added to the front of the camshaft.
- Firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8.
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 670 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECH “HOT LINE” AT (586) 468-1356.
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 38" x 55.75
Country of Origin