Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
5.0L COYOTE ALUMINATOR NA SHORT BLOCK 11.0:1
Just like the fully built up engines, Aluminator Short Blocks are hand assembled and use Manley® connecting rods with ARP® rod bolts and Mahle® forged pistons. Two versions are available – 9.5:1 and 11.0:1 compression ratio.
These Aluminator Short Blocks serve as a strong foundation for the enthusiast that wants to spec and finish a Coyote build to his or her particular application and needs.
Ford Performance Engineers have taken care of the toughest part of building a new engine by designing a strong and durable Short Block that offers a wide range of power possibilities. And every Ford Performance Aluminator Short Block is precision internal balanced and hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances.
Ford Performance offers a number of components to finish the build including the simple to install Controls Pack to get it up and running in just about any vehicle – from Early Model Mustangs to resto-rods to classic muscle cars to street rods.
Specs: Aluminator Short Block M-6009-A50NAA
- 5.0L - 302 cubic inches
- 11.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- For 9.5:1 compression ratio version see-M-6009-A50SCA
- Mahle® hard anodized forged pistons with Grafal® low friction coating
- Manley® H-beam connecting rods with ARP2000 bolts
- 2015-2017 (Gen 2) Production aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Ford Performance M-6600-50CJ High Performance billet steel gerotor oil pump and pickup tube
- This short block includes the Gen 2 oil filter adaptor
- Assembled and ready for your 5.0L heads, cams, and timing set
- Modified heads and cams larger than the M-6550-M50BINT/M-6550-M50BEXH require checking piston to valve clearance
- Note: Fits 2015-2017 cylinder heads (vehicles), 2012-2013 BOSS Mustang cylinder heads (vehicles), and 2015-2018 5.2L cylinder heads (vehicles) ONLY due to piston to cylinder head clearance issue
Note: Installation of 5.2L heads require piston modification for proper piston to valve clearance
- Photo and specs may vary