Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
BOSS 351 ENGINE BLOCK 9.5" DECK
Ford Racing Engineers have designed the replacement for the legendary BOSS 302 and 351 blocks using the latest technology and manufacturing techniques from both the production and racing worlds. The BOSS block capability has been proven abound the world – both on the track and on the street. By preserving many of the dimensions and features from the original 289-351 blocks, the BOSS blocks are compatible as replacements for use in just about any vehicle that used a
- 4.125" bore capacity, finished at 3.990" to 3.995" rough bore. Also available in big bore version, part number: M-6010-BOSS351BB
- 9.5" deck height, finished at 9.500" plus .010" to .015"
- Maximum recommended stroke 4.250", clearance dependent on crankshaft/connecting rod manufacturer
- Splayed 4-bolt main on 2, 3, 4, main caps
- 2-bolt main on 1 and 5 main caps
- Main bearing bores finished to low limit
- 2.749" main journal diameter (stock 351C size)
- Finished lifter bores
- Machined to accept factory roller lifter guides and lifter guide retainer
- NASCAR inspired front oil feed on both lifter galleys.
- Revised cooling system passageways
- Siamese bore with drilled coolant crossover
- Increased bulkhead material
- Threaded core and galley plugs (straight thread port plugs with O-ring)
- Requires special length 1/2" head bolts M-6065-BOSS or head studs M-6014-BOSS recommended with M-6049-X306/X307/X2/Z304DA/Z2 heads
- Designed for M-6049-X306/X307/X2/C3/D3/Z304DA/Z2 cylinder heads. Not designed for production 302/351W or M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads
- Uses common OD cam bearings M-6261-J351/R351
- Unique cam plug M-6026-S351 included
- M-6051-S331 or M-6051-CP331 head gasket recommended
- Designed to be compatible with the original 302 and 351W blocks and includes the following features:
- Designed to use stock type timing cover, timing Cover M-6059-D351 recommended (includes fuel pump provision)
- Fits factory mustang oil pan with custom oil pick-up tube M-6622-BOSS302
M-6026-A Service Replacement Plug and Dowel Kit available separately â€“ includes O-ring threaded plugs, black anodized aluminum plugs with Buna "O" rings for the oil galleys, water drains and core holes, and dowels for front cover, clutch housing and cylinder heads
- Retains clutch cross shaft pivot hole
- Original Style oil filter location
- Original motor mount boss locations
- Original bell housing pattern
- Weighs approximately 205 lbs.
- Great price and value
- The foundation for 9.5" deck projects
Proven performance - used in Ford Racing high performance crate engines, a proven winner out of the crate and thousands of laps before rebuild.
In the April 2010 issue of Circle Track Magazine, the editors built a Late Model Stock engine using the BOSS 351 block. To check out the article, visit the Circle Track site here.