427 CUBIC INCH 535 HP BOSS CRATE ENGINE-Z2 HEADS-REAR SUMP PAN
Sold in Units of
This part is in your Wish List
This part has been added to your Wish List
WARNING:This part is designed and intended for competition use only or off-highway use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.
The company that created the famous 427 FE engine offers a modern version of the legendary motor.
Built on Ford Performance's BOSS 351 block the 427 crate engine is engineered and built for drive-ability and durability while delivering big power.
Ideal for Ford projects requiring 500+ horsepower in a reliable small block package.
Now equipped with Ford Performance "Z2" Cylinder Heads-this head promotes improved power throughout the rpm range while retaining OEM exhaust and accessory mounting locations when compared to other aftermarket cylinder heads.
535 horsepower @ 5600 rpm 545 lb.ft. torque @ 4500 rpm
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5 deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance Aluminum "Z2" Cylinder Heads -M-6049-Z2
- Valve size (in): 2.05 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1219X Ovate Beehive
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Satin black, aluminum with "Ford Racing" script 302-135
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep rear sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 7 quart capacity -M-6675-DRS351
Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
Distributor: not included. MSD distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded
Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
Balanced: Internally balanced - use neutral balance flywheel (not included)
Recommended intake: Edelbrock part # 2924 Super Victor (not included)
New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
Engine has a performance front sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE
- Note: Results attained using Edelbrock® Super Victor manifold and 770cfm carburetor.
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 39" x 36"
Catalog Page Number
Country of Origin