Ford Performance has taken its Boss Block to the max with the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever - the Z460. With 575 horsepower and 575 Lb. Ft. of torque, Z460 packs a pump gas fueled punch that works well on the street and on the track.
The foundation of Z460 is the legendary Ford Performance Boss block topped off with high port/high flow Z-Heads. Premium components from the best aftermarket companies are used throughout the engine, like a SCAT® forged steel crankshaft, SCAT® forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle® pistons and Clevite® bearings. And every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances.
575 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM
575 Lb.Ft. Torque @ 4,700 RPM
INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 460
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.150" bore x 4.250" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5" deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam 6.125-inch length connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance M-6049-Z304DA Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper: Ford Performance M-6316-D302 SFI Approved
- Valve Covers: Ford Performance 302-137 cast aluminum gray crinkle
- Oil Pan: Rear sump (7quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper M-6675-DRS351
- Water pump: Ford Performance M-8501-G351 included - long type - standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Required fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internal use neutral balance flywheel
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock PN 2924 Super Victor (not included)
- New block, oil and water pump, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock® Super Victor intake, Holley® 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers.
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
- Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE