The Ford Performance TechLine phone system is online. Call us at 800-367-3788.
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 711.
302 CI 340 HP BOSS CRATE ENGINE WITH "E" CAM
- 302 Cubic Inches
- 340 HP
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged pistons
- Forged steel connecting rods
- BOSS 4-bolt main block M-6010-BOSS302
- Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303, .498" lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 220 degrees intake and exhaust
- Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
- Forged steel crankshaft
Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
(Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars)
- Ford Performance aluminum M-6049-X2 cylinder heads
- Roller rocker arms
- Does not include intake manifold or distributor (MSD distributor part no: M8598 recommended)
- Does not include water pump
- Built with all NEW Parts
- Note: Results obtained using Edelbrock® Performer RPM AirGap intake and 570cfm carburetor.
INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, oil pan and pickup may be required
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Engine has a rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover and non-EFI valve covers
Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
Valve covers M-6582-W351PR should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel included - M-6375-D302B, will work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmissions use the proper neutral balance flywheel.
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets M-9439-A50 as well as pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Shipping weight approximately 525 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Engine installation and tuning tips can be found HERE