GT-40X XTRA PERFORMANCE "TURBO-SWIRL" ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEAD
This part is no longer available.
M-6049-X302* Bare Head (64cc Chamber)M-6049-X303* Complete Head (64cc Chamber)M-6049-X304* Bare Head (58cc Chamber)M-6049-X305* Complete Head (58cc Chamber)THE FAST, EASY WAY TO BOLT-ON 65 HORSEPOWER! TRUE BOLT-ON PERFORMANCE
- For use on 289/302/351 Windsor-style engines
- Improved air flow over original GT-40 aluminum heads
- Intake flows approximately 240 cfm at .550" lift (at 28" of H20)
- Exhaust flows approximately 170 cfm at .500" lift (at 28" of H20)
- Machined for 1.94" Intake and 1.54" exhaust valve diameters
- Unlike some aftermarket heads our GT-40 heads use either GT-40 or aftermarket performance: intake manifolds, headers, and valve covers.
- Intake port volume 178cc, exhaust port volume 62cc
- High temperature exhaust valve seats. Thick deck for improved sealing, increased section thickness in critical areas for porting, and webbed rocker bosses for improved strength. Designed for bolt-on rocker arms, machined for tapered seat spark plug or gasketed. Compatible with Ford Racing intakes, headers, and valve train components. Can be machined for diagonal exhaust header flange mounting.
- High quality original equipment style 356-T6 aluminum castings, machining and components
- Each aluminum head weighs approximately 22 lbs. – approximately 25 lbs. lighter than each cast iron GT-40 head.
- These GT-40 style heads use AGSF-32C spark plugs
- Each GT-40X head is leak tested prior to assembly
- Head assembly consists of bare head M-6049-X302/X304 and GT-40 valve train kit M-6090-X302 featuring stainless steel valves. The valve springs are compatible with all Ford Racing roller camshafts. See page 99 for complete list of valve train components.
- Will not fit 1986 5.0L with flat-top pistons unless pistons are notched for valve relief
- Must use head bolt kit M-6065-D289 to install cylinder heads on 289/302 blocks or head bolt and head gasket kit M-6051-A50 and intake gasket M-9439-A50/A51
- Check rocker arm clearance to valve springs with production rocker arms
- Check your intake manifold for port match, not all intakes are compatible due to the tall high-flow ports
- Must use M-9439-A50 intake gasket
Engine: Cylinder Heads
9.25" x 7.25" x 20.5
Country of Origin