363 CUBIC INCH 500 HP BOSS CRATE ENGINE REAR SUMP
Following the old Hot Rodding adage that there is no substitute for cubes, Ford Racing takes the popular 302 based stroker to the max with the 500 horsepower Z363 crate engine. By taking the bore out to 4.125", the displacement of the popular 347 stroker has been increased to 363 cubic inches. Combined with an improved Mahle piston, the Z363 makes 50 more horsepower and 50 lb. ft. of torque than the Z347 that it replaces. Nothing but the best parts are used inside including: forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and a high performance oiling system. Built with the BOSS 302 block and Z304D aluminum heads, Z363 fits many of the vehicles originally built with a 289 or 302 8.2" deck height block. Ford Racing Engineers designed Z363 to work both on the street and the strip with strong torque curve that delivers over 390 lb ft from 3500 to the 6500 rpm redline. With a compression ratio of 10.0:1, Z363 runs on unleaded premium pump gas.
500 hp @ 6500 rpm
450 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm
- Engine type: 302 based small block ford
- Displacement (cu in): 363
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 3.400" stroke
- Block: Boss 302 8.2 deck M-6010-BOSS302
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle ® w/ floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .580"/.602"
- Camshaft duration (@.050 in): 232°/240°
- Cylinder Heads Ford Racing Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads M-6049-Z304DA (ex. port raised .625")
- Valve size (in): 2.02" intake 1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper: Ford Racing SFI Approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum M-6582-W351PR
- Oil pan: high performance 7 quart capacity and windage tray / scraper M-6675-DRS302
- Water pump: Edelbrock ® hi-performance
- Includes Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Does not include distributor, intake and flywheel
- Recommended fuel: Premium unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° BTDC at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 6,500
- Balanced: Internal. Use neutral balance flywheel
- Engine power rating achieved with long tube headers, Edelbrock intake manifold #2928 Super Victor w/ 750 Holley carb and 1" carb spacer
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers M-6582-W351PR should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
- Shipping weight approximately 500 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Engine installation tuning tips at www.fordracingparts.com