Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
GEN 2 5.0L COYOTE ALUMINATOR SC CRATE ENGINE
The Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote "Aluminator" crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver big power. Unlike the factory 5.0L engine, the "Aluminator" is built with low compression forged pistons and H-beam connecting rods to meet the demands of forced induction.
This crate engine is used (and abused) in Justin Pawlak’s Formula Drift Mustang!
- Fits 2015-2017 Mustang GT
- 5.0L (302 cubic inches)
- 9.5:1 compression ratio for supercharged applications (nominal)
- Mahle® Hard Anodized forged pistons with Graphal low friction coating
- Manley® H-beam connecting rods with ARP® 2000 bolts
- Mustang GT forged steel crankshaft
- Uses production Mustang GT aluminum cylinder block
- Large rear sump oil pan with 8qt capacity features optimized oil drainback and windage tray to control oil and improve high-rpm performance
- Tuned composite Mustang GT intake manifold with production drive by wire 80 mm throttle body
- Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction.
- Mustang GT production camshafts
- Intake: 13mm lift 260 degrees duration
- Exhaust: 13mm lift 263 degrees duration
- Heads feature Boss 302 Valve Springs, M-6513-M50BR
- Includes Ford Performance colder, heat range zero (0) spark plugs for supercharging, part no: M-12405-M50
- Includes Ford Performance oil filter - M-6731-FL820
- Includes billet steel gerotor oil Pump - M-6600-50CJ
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included. Use Ford Performance wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-504V designed for street rod/project car installation. Can also be equipped with automatic engine harness and then used in conjunction with automatic transmission controls pack - see M-6017-M50A for more information
- Engine does not include engine harness or flywheel/flex plate - see M-12000-M50 or M-12000-M50A
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50BALT or M-8600-M50ALTA
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- NOTE: Due to 9.5:1 compression ratio, custom tuning is required for optimum performance
- Includes Ford Performance 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit - M-9680-M50A (not pictured)
- Does not include exhaust manifolds
- Note: In order for low oil sensor to function in 2015-2016 Mustang, re-use existing oil pan or replace with BR3Z-6675-A pan, available at any Ford dealer
Coyote Crate Engine Technical Reference Guide
- See an Aluminator engine build up here
Engine Dimension PDF Chart CLICK HERE