The most popular crate engine size just got better and easier thanks to the Engineers at Ford Performance. The proven 347 stroker combination has been optimized for street cruising with a perfectly matched cam – cylinder head – intake manifold and carb combination that runs on pump gas. It takes the guesswork and installation issues out of the way with a complete intake and distributor package that has been developed and tested by Ford Performance Engineers. To dress out the X347D, The Ford Performance Engineers spec’d parts from the best in the aftermarket like Holley®, Edelbrock® and MSD®.
X347D is hand assembled with all new parts including Ford Performance “X” heads and internals from some of the best aftermarket performance parts manufacturers. The BOSS 302 block is bored .030" oversize and fitted with Mahle® forged pistons. The rotating assembly is all SCAT® forged steel – with I beam rods fitted with ARP® rod bolts and full floating pins.
The camshaft is what really makes the X347D the perfect street cruiser – the intake and exhaust lobes have fast opening ramps to keep port velocity high. The engine idles happily at 800 RPM and pulls 19 inches of vacuum. That translates into snappy acceleration at low engine speeds – and power that pulls strong to 6,000 RPM. Ford Performance aluminum X-Heads with high swirl combustion chambers top off the engine. Completing the street tuned package is an Edelbrock Performer RPM® Air-Gap intake and Holley Street Avenger® carb. A MSD® Billet Distributor and "Ford Racing" Spark plug Wires finish the package.
X347D is the perfect carbureted replacement engine for a vintage muscle car, late model project, truck or street rod. And unlike the imitators, no other crate engine has the Blue Oval heritage and Ford Performance Engineering and Technical support.
400 lb.-ft. of Torque
- Engine type: 302 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 347
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.030" bore x 3.400" stroke
- Block: Boss 302 8.2” deck M-6010-BOSS302
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pins
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance aluminum, 64 cc chamber M-6049-X306
- Valve size (in): 1.94 intake 1.54 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Edelbrock Performer RPM® Air Gap Manifold (PN 7521)
- Holley Street Avenger® 570 CFM Carburetor with vacuum secondaries, 4-corner idle and Electric Choke (PN 83570)
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers 1.6:1 ratio
- Valve covers: "Ford Racing" black satin aluminum M-6582-A301R
- MSD® billet distributor (MSD Part No. 8598)
- "Ford Racing" 9MM Black Spark Plug Wires - M-12259-M301
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded premium
- Maximum recommended rpm: 6,000 RPM
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller. Comp Cams®
- .533" lift intake and exhaust
- 206° duration intake and exhaust @ .050” lift
- Double roller timing chain set - M-6268-A302
- Vibration Damper: M-6316-D302 Ford Performance SFI Approved
- Oil pan: high performance rear sump 7 quart capacity and windage tray / scraper
- Balanced: Internal. Use neutral balance flywheel
- Engine installation and tuning tips can be found HERE