The Ford Performance TechLine phone system is online. Call us at 800-367-3788.
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 711.
427 CUBIC INCH 600 HP ALUMINUM CRATE ENGINE-REAR SUMP PAN
The company that created the famous 427 FE engine announces a modern version of the legendary motor. Built on the Ford Performance aluminum Z351 block, the 427 crate engine is engineered and hand assembled for drive-ability and durability while still offering a throaty growl. The Z427 is built with real high performance parts from premier aftermarket companies like Mahle, SCAT, Clevite, COMP, PAC, Fel-Pro and more. This engine is ideal for street rods, kit cars and all Ford projects requiring big power in a reliable, lightweight package.
600 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
558 lb.-ft. torque @ 5,000 rpm
Used in Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s "Brocky"
"This motor has been beat on and proven in Drifting and now most recently in Ultra 4 racing. 600HP and the massive low and mid-range torque for under $16k is hard to beat, especially something that can handle racing out of the box." - Vaughn Gittin, Jr.
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Ford Performance aluminum 4-bolt main block - M-6010-Z351
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Solid Steel Billet Roller
- Camshaft lift – intake/exhaust (in): .644"/.653"
- Camshaft duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 258°/260°
- Timing Chain: Double Roller Timing Chain - M-6268-B302
- Cylinder heads: CNC ported Ford Performance aluminum "Z" cylinder heads - M-6049-Z304P
- Valve size (in): 2.08"intake valves and 1.60" exhaust valves
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1243
- Compression ratio: 11.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved - M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Ford Performance cast aluminum black wrinkle finish 427 Cobra Script - M-6582-W427B
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 9 quart capacity
- Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. MSD® distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Mechanical cam engine - No Warranty
- Recommended fuel: Leaded 110 octane
INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
Valve covers M-6582-W427B should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
Bronze distributor gear required
Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
Shipping weight approximately 460 lbs
Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE