Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
427 CUBIC INCH 600 HP ALUMINUM CRATE ENGINE-REAR SUMP PAN
The company that created the famous 427 FE engine announces a modern version of the legendary motor. Built on the Ford Performance aluminum Z351 block, the 427 crate engine is engineered and hand assembled for drive-ability and durability while still offering a throaty growl. The Z427 is built with real high performance parts from premier aftermarket companies like Mahle, SCAT, Clevite, COMP, PAC, Fel-Pro and more. This engine is ideal for street rods, kit cars and all Ford projects requiring big power in a reliable, lightweight package.
600 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
558 lb.-ft. torque @ 5,000 rpm
Used in Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s "Brocky"
"This motor has been beat on and proven in Drifting and now most recently in Ultra 4 racing. 600HP and the massive low and mid-range torque for under $16k is hard to beat, especially something that can handle racing out of the box." - Vaughn Gittin, Jr.
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Ford Performance aluminum 4-bolt main block - M-6010-Z351
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Solid Steel Billet Roller
- Camshaft lift – intake/exhaust (in): .644"/.653"
- Camshaft duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 258°/260°
- Timing Chain: Double Roller Timing Chain - M-6268-B302
- Cylinder heads: CNC ported Ford Performance aluminum "Z" cylinder heads - M-6049-Z304P
- Valve size (in): 2.08"intake valves and 1.60" exhaust valves
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1243
- Compression ratio: 11.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved - M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Ford Performance cast aluminum black wrinkle finish 427 Cobra Script - M-6582-W427B
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 9 quart capacity
- Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. MSD® distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Mechanical cam engine - No Warranty
- Recommended fuel: Leaded 110 octane
INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
Valve covers M-6582-W427B should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
Bronze distributor gear required
Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
Shipping weight approximately 460 lbs
Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE