347 CUBIC INCHES 450 HP CRATE ENGINE REAR SUMP
This part is no longer available.
- 347 cubic inch
- 450 HP @ 6000 RPM (with headers and 650 CFM Holley carburetor, not included)
- 400 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4900 RPM
- 9.7:1 Compression ratio (nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum "Z" cylinder heads M-6049-Z304A
- Ford Racing high-performance hydraulic roller camshaft and roller rocker arms
- Single plane "Victor Jr." intake manifold
- New heavy-duty 5.0L Sportsman block, oil and water pumps and a high-performance harmonic damper.
- Canton 7-quart performance oil pan fits 1979 and later Fox body cars
- MSD® billet distributor
- Great engine for serious performance applications Not recommended for daily drivers
NOTE: Photo and specs may vary
Look at what you get
- A NEW "Sportsman" block 2-bolt main long block engine assembly. Custom built with the same quality controls as a new production engine (no flywheel)
- Ford Racing Z304A aluminum cylinder heads. They have 2.02" intake and 1.60" exhaust valves and flow significantly better than GT-40 heads
- Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft provides significant horsepower increases above 4000 RPM with good mid-range torque. Valve lift is .563 intake and .584 exhaust. Duration at .050" is 232 degrees intake and 240 degrees exhaust
INSTALLATION NOTES:See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40.
- The high performance 7-quart baffled Canton oil pan fits Mustang and other Fox body vehicles and is recommended for street/strip applications. Canton #20-930 one-way screen tray (not included) fits this pan.
- This engine is built for a V-belt accessory drive. For serpentine front drive applications, the front cover and water pump will have to be changed. See pages 97-98 for other water pumps.
- The damper assembly M-6316-C351 will require pulley spacer M-8510-C351 with 4-bolt pulley applications.
- Firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.
- See page 115-116 for flywheels. This engine assembly requires 28 oz. in. unbalance flywheel.
- Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECHLINE at (800) FORD788.
Engine: Complete Engines
36.5" x 38.5" x 36.5
Country of Origin