GEN 1 5.0L COYOTE LONG BLOCK
The M-6006-M50A1 Long Block has been developed for the customer that needs a Coyote that will run in a "Gen 1", 2011-2014 Mustang or run with a "Gen 1" engine control system.
This long block offers a performance improvement in 2011-2014 Mustangs due to the performance enhancing updates/components noted below:
- Larger intake valves than "Gen 1"
- Larger exhaust valves than "Gen 1"
- Revised intake camshafts from "Gen 1"
- Revised exhaust camshafts from "Gen 1"
- Stiffer valve springs to ensure that the valves close completely at high rpm
- New cylinder-head casting, including revised ports that provide a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow and combustion chamber modifications to accommodate larger valves
- Redesigned piston tops with deeper cutouts to clear the new larger valves
- Rebalanced forged crankshaft that supports higher-rpm operation
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Forged connecting rods
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Aluminum block
- 8 qt. capacity oil pan
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
This long block does not include the following:
- Intake manifold and throttle body
- Fuel rails and fuel injectors
Water pump pulley
- Ignition coils, see Ford Performance Ignition Coils
- Exhaust manifolds
- Flywheel/Flex plate, see M-12000-M50 or M-12000-M50A
- Engine wiring harness or PCM, use M-6017-A504VA for street rod application
- Alternator-Ford Performance alternator kit available, see M-8600-M50BALT
Note: Long block is compatible with engine harness (VCT harnesses) built after 2/27/2012, see M-12508-M50 if your engine is currently equipped with early VCT solenoids and engine harness
- Note: Custom calibration required, not included
Engine weight: 444 lbs.
Photo and specs may vary.
For more information on 5.0L Coyote engines, please see-Inside the Development of the Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote Long Block, Gen 1 Crate Engine and Coyote Crate Engine Technical Reference Guide