5.0L/302 – 320 HP GT-40 ALUMINUM HEAD FORD RACING PREFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
This part is no longer available.
M-6007-B50* B303 Camshaft – Designed for Manual TransmissionM-6007-B51* E303 Camshaft – Designed for Auto or Manual Transmission
- 302 cu. in.
- 320 HP with M-6250-B303 camshaft, 315 HP with M-6250-E303 camshaft when tested with Ford Racing induction kit, headers, and a 65mm throttle body not included
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (Nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-Y303 and GT-40 valve train
- Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-B303 (M-6007-B50), and M-6250-E303 (M-6007-B51) roller lifters and standard rocker arms
- Great for limited budgets. It’s the fast, easy way to add performance and reduce weight in high or low mileage vehicles.
- Fits kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
- Depending on your application, the timing cover and/or water pump, damper, manual transmission flywheel, oil pan and pick-up may need to be reused from your original engine.
LOOK AT WHAT YOU GET
- A NEW long block assembly, built at Ford’s Cleveland engine plant. It goes down the same production line as 5.0L HO engines, and is built with the same quality controls as a new production engine. With minor modifications, it will also fit earlier models and vehicles with automatic transmissions.
- A NEW current production long block assembly that includes the block, crank, rods, pistons, timing chain, standard rocker arms, roller tappets, push rods, oil pump and pickup, oil pan, valve covers, front cover, water pump, damper, flywheel, spark plugs and related long block engine parts – to which Ford Racing engineers have added:
- Ford Racing GT-40 aluminum cylinder heads M-6049-Y302. They flow significantly better than production 5.0L HO heads.
- Ford Racing GT-40 valve train kit. It includes springs, retainers, keepers, seals and premium stainless steel swirl polished valves with undercut stems. Intake valve diameter is 1.94'' andexhaust valve diameter is 1.54''.
- The M-6007-B50 includes a Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-B303 which provides significant horsepower increases above 4000 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .480'' on both intake and exhaust. Duration at .050'' is 224 degrees on both the intake and exhaust.
- The M-6007-B51 includes Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303. It provides significant horsepower increase above 2500 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .498'' on both intake and exhaust. Duration at .050'' is 220 degrees on both the intake and exhaust
INSTALLATION NOTES:Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a front sump oil pan and pickup, Explorer “short style” timing cover and water pump, Explorer harmonic damper and EFI valve covers.
- The front sump oil pan may work for many late 60’s and early 70’s Ford passenger cars. For Fox-bodied cars, 1979-95 Mustangs and early model passenger car oil pans see pages 111-112.
- The Explorer timing chain cover may work for 1994-95 Mustang, and 5.0L Explorer. For other applications, use your original or see page 114. M-6059-D351 replacement front cover may work for most other common applications.
- The water pump included may work for 5.0L Explorer, for other applications use your original or see our new water pumps found on pages 113-114.
- The valve covers included should work for most Mustang EFI applications, optional valve covers are available on pages 65-67 in the color section of the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog.
- The damper may need to be changed to your original 1981 or newer damper (part number M-6316-M50) for other applications see pages 57-58.
- The flywheel included should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For C-4 or A0D automatic transmission applications use your 1981 or newer auto transmission flywheel or see page 120 of the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog for a 157-tooth auto transmission flywheel orM-6375-A50 for a 164-tooth auto transmission flywheel.
- Distributor with steel gear should be used to be compatible with the camshaft included in the engine see page 21.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECH “HOT LINE” AT (586) 468-1356.
- This kit is intended for customers that purchase one of our 5.0L long block crate engines and plan to install it in a 1979-93 Mustang or other Fox chassis vehicle. This kit includes: dual sump oil pan, oil pump pickup tube, dipstick, dipstick tube, crankshaft damper, timing pointer, M-8501-C50 reverse rotation serpentine water pump and M-6059-D351 timing chain cover.
- NOTE: Does not have low oil sender.
Engine: Complete Engines
36.5" x 33.5" x 27.25
Country of Origin