392 CUBIC INCHES 430 HPCRATE ENGINE FRONT SUMP
This part is no longer available.
Front Sump T-pan (Manual Transmission) Rear Sump T-pan (Manual Transmission)
- 392 cubic inch
- 430 hp @ 5500 RPM (with headers, and a 750 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
- 450 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4000 RPM
- 9.7:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged pistons
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Hydraulic roller camshaft with .563" lift intake and 584" lift exhaust, duration at .050" is 232 degrees intake and 240 degrees exhaust
- Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
- Nodular iron crankshaft
- High-performance T-sump oil pan
- Front sump fits most passenger cars that came factory equipped with front sump pan
- Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars
- MSD billet distributor
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X303 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
- Roller rocker arms M-6564-B351
- Single plane “Victor Jr.” intake manifold M-9424-V351
- New heavy-duty 5.8L “Sportsman ” block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan, steel billet flywheel and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes INSTALLATION NOTES: See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40. Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a T-sump performance oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and both regular (installed) and reverse rotation water pumps, and non-EFI valve covers.
- A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine and a reverse rotation is included loose in the box. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers found on pages 97-98.
- The valve covers (M-6582-R302) should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately) are available on pages 118-120.
- The damper assembly M-6316-C351 may require a spacer for pulley alignment, see page 85.
- The flywheel included (M-6375-A302) should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper 28 oz. flywheel, see pages 127-128.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 545 lbs.See Also...
- Crate Engine Build-Up
- Crate Engine Warranty
- Engine Tips & Specs
- Crate Engine Catalog
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 39" x 36
Country of Origin