5.0L/302–345HP GT-40 ALUMINUM HEAD FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
B303 Camshaft - Manual Transmission
E303 Camshaft - Auto or Manual Transmission
- 302 cubic inch
- 345 HP with M-6250-B303, 340 HP with M-6250-E303 camshaft, Ford Racing induction kit, headers, and a 65mm throttle body not included
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X303
- Ford Racing high-performance hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-B303 (M-6007-XB3M) and M-6250-E303 (M-6007-XE3M) roller lifters and M-6564-B351 roller rocker arms
- Great for limited budgets. It's the fast, easy way to add performance
- Good for kit cars, street rods, and trucks
- Depending on your application, the timing cover and/or water pump, damper, oil pan and pick-up tube may need to be reused from your original engine
Note: Photo and specs may vary
Look at what you get:
- A new long block assembly, built with the same quality controls as a new production engine. With minor modifications, it will also fit earlier models and vehicles with automatic transmissions.
- A new long block assembly that includes the block, crank, rods, pistons, timing chain, roller rocker arms, roller tappets, push rods, oil pump and pickup tube, oil pan, valve covers, front cover, water pump, damper, flywheel, spark plugs and related long block engine parts to which Ford Racing engineers have added:
- Ford Racing GT-40 aluminum cylinder heads M-6049-X303 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves. They flow significantly better than production 5.0L HO heads
- Ford Racing hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-B303 that provides significant horsepower increases above 4000 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .480" on both intake and exhaust. Duration at .050" is 224 degrees on both intake and exhaust
- Ford Racing hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303 that provides significant horsepower increases above 2500 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .498" on both intake and exhaust. Duration at .050" is 220 degrees on both intake and exhaust
See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40.
Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine
or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a rear sump Fox style 5qt oil pan and pickup (M-6675-A50), serpentine style water pump (M-8501-C50) and timing chain cover (M-6059-D351), 4-bolt harmonic damper (M-6316-M50) and valve covers (M-6000-K302R).
- The rear sump style oil pan will work in all Fox body applications. For other style applications, see oil pans on pages 101, 103.
- The timing chain cover (M-6059-D351) will work with most V-belt applications, see page 97 for other timing chain covers.
- The water pump (M-8501-C50) will work on 1986-93 Mustangs. For other applications see pages 97-98.
- The valve cover (M-6000-K302R) included will work on 1986-93 Mustangs, optional valve covers are available on pages 118-120.
- The damper is production style 1981-95 Mustang. For other applications see pages 84-85.
- The flywheel included should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use a 1981 or newer 302 (50oz) flywheel, see pages 127-128.
- Distributor with steel gear must be used to be compatible with the camshaft included in the engine. See page 110 for distributor gears.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECHLINE AT (800) FORD788.
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 39" x 36
Engine: Complete Engines
Country of Origin
California Executive Order